John L. ThurmanMember
- Email Us
* Attorney John L. Thurman has earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry, for his professionalism and ethics.*
- Kentucky and U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1985
- New Jersey and U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1987
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1990
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas, 1999
- Vanderbilt University, J.D.
Associations & memberships
- Kentucky, New Jersey State (Chair, Federal Practice and Procedure Section, 1997 – 1998) and American (Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section, 2000; Vice Chair, Trial Techniques Committee, 2000; Member, Emerging Issues Committee, 2004) Bar Associations
Law Clerk to the Honorable: Edward H. Johnstone, Chief Judge, U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky, 1985 – 1987; Morton I. Greenberg, Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1987 – 1988. Co-Author: “Complying with the Family and Medical Leave Act,” Government Institutes, Inc. Pub., 1993; “ERISA: Of Counsel Status Raises Coverage Issues,” The National Law Journal, June 29, 1992; “Federal Practice Update: Judicial Improvements Act of 1990,” New Jersey Lawyer, July/August 1991. Contributing Author: Employment Law Handbook, Government Institutes, Inc. Pub., 1993; New Jersey Federal Civil Procedure, NJLJ Books, 1999, update 2004. Editorial Board, The Brief, 1994 – 1997, 2001 – 2004. Associate Editor, Tort & Insurance Law Journal, 1997 – 2001. Member, Lawyers Advisory Committee, U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey 1997 – 1998.
Farrell & Thurman, PC serves clients in Skillman and throughout New Jersey.