Douglass L. DerryOf Counsel
- Email Us
- New Jersey and U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1973
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
- Pennsylvania, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1980
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2003
- Temple University, J.D.
- Muskingum College, Political Science, B.A.
Associations & memberships
- Mercer County (Member, District VII Ethics Committee), New Jersey State (Member, Sections on: Federal Practice and Procedure; Labor and Employment; Alternative Dispute Resolution) and American (Member, Equal Employment Opportunity Committee, Labor and Employment Section) Bar Associations
- Mercer County American Inn of Courts (Secretary, 2000)
- National Employment Lawyers Association–New Jersey
- New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators
Mediator, Qualified under Local Civil Rule 301.1, U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey and under New Jersey Court Rule 1:40-12, Superior Court of New Jersey, 2002—. Senior Deputy Attorney General, New Jersey Attorney General’s Office, Division of Law, 1992 – 2002. Section Chief, Corrections and State Police Section, New Jersey Attorney General’s Office, Division of Law, 1996 – 1999. Deputy Attorney General, New Jersey Attorney General’s Office, Division of Law, 1973 – 1977, 1979 – 1992. Panelist on Federal Civil Pro Bono Education Program on Section 1983 Litigation, sponsored by Federal Bar Association and New Jersey State Bar Association, 1999, 2000. Panelist on Institute for Continuing Legal Education and New Jersey State Bar Association programs on Federal Appellate Practice, 1998. Provided testimony to the Third Circuit Task Force on Equal Treatment in the Courts, 1996. Hearing Officer, New Jersey Department of Health, 1978. Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award in Constitutional Law.
- Antonelli v. New Jersey, 310 F. Supp. 2d 700 (D.N.J. 2004)
- Newsome v. Administrative Office of the Courts of NJ, 103 F. Supp. 2d 807 (D.N.J. 2000), aff’d 2002 WL 31228037 (3d Cir. 2002)
- Chisholm v. McManimon, 275 F. 3d 315 (3d Cir. 2001)
- In re Commitment of R.S., 339 N.J. Super. 507 (App. Div. 2001)
- Morales-Evans v. Administrative Office of the Courts of NJ, 102 F. Supp. 2d 577 (D.N.J. 2000)
- Csizmadia v. Fauver, 746 F. Supp. 483 (D.N.J. 1990)
- Nunan v. Department of Personnel, 244 N.J. Super. 494 (App. Div. 1990)
- Ryan v. Burlington County, 860 F. 2d 1199 (3d Cir. 1988)
- Ryan v. Burlington County, 674 F. Supp. 464 (D.N.J. 1987)
- Fuchilla v. Layman, 210 N.J. Super. 574 (App. Div. 1986)
- Tuch v. College of Medicine and Dentistry of N.J., 177 N.J. Super. 101 (App. Div. 1980)
- Irvington General Hsp. v. Dept. of Health, 149 N.J. Super. 461 (App. Div. 1977)
- Saint Joseph’s Hsp. and Med. Ctr. v. Finley, 153 N.J. Super. 214 (App. Div. 1977)
- St. Vincent’s Hospital v. Finley, 154 N.J. Super. 24 (App. Div. 1977)
- Zimmerman v. Board of Review, 132 N.J. Super. 316 (App. Div. 1975)
Farrell & Thurman, PC serves clients in Skillman and throughout New Jersey.